[PD] Formant filter ?

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 16:56:08 CEST 2019

I have one I built, it's basically 3x bp~ stages in parallel, with each
stage being a double bp~ in series.

Get it here:
https://github.com/WilliamAHuston/BHPDtoolkit

It's called:
abstractions/BHFormantx3~.pd
also
abstractions/FormantControl.pd

I have a fake resonance built in, basically an osc~ at the cutoff freq of
the filter which you can blend it.

It's not pretty, I built this as a PD novice. But it works well.

(You may want to grep through the patches folder to find some examples
where I use this.)

One use I found for it, which is very cool, is to create a source which is
rich in overtones, saw or square or a gritty granular snippet, send it to
the filter.

Tune the 3 bp~'s to a chord, and use a midi controller to set the root of
the chord, to play melodies *on the filter*.

HTH,
BH