[PD] Cannot run pd patch from crontab at startup on raspi

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 12:29:38 CEST 2019

If what you need is simple enough, cron should work. The most important element is, as previously stated, cron needs the FULL path to whatever it is starting, so you need the FULL PATH to pd or a script calling pd.

For controlling another application via cron, I generally write specific scripts which then start, stop, or message the application. Once you get into writing a general control script where you need to run pd like a daemon, then you should look into an init script where you can run pd as a service.

> On Jun 28, 2019, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:36:26 +0200
> From: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Cannot run pd patch from crontab at startup on raspi
>
> On 6/28/19 9:04 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>>  * My final suggestion is to not use cron at all
>
> +1 to everything you said, and this in particular.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>