[PD] Pduino and shift registers

school shoes schoolshoes at outlook.com
Sat Jun 29 04:54:05 CEST 2019

Hi Roman,
thanks very much for your work on this, i use pduino quite a lot definitely deserves love !
Shift register ics like 74HC59 add extra outputs to arduino but only need 3 pins to control (data, clock, latch) .
Looks like arduino does this with a shiftOut() function ( https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut ) .
On the PD side i guess I'm just looking to somehow communicate with the shift register ic and turn its pins HIGH and LOW like the normal I/O pins.
Tbh I haven’t used shift registers much myself yet but just looking into them as i suddenly need a considerable amount of outputs, so was wondering if there was a pduino equivalent.

thanks !