[PD] Pduino and shift registers

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 19:21:35 CEST 2019

On Sat, 2019-06-29 at 14:23 +0200, Simon Iten wrote:
> i think you should be able to control a shift register
>  from pd within the existing architecture.
>
> if you can access those 3 pins from pd just send them the HIGHs and
> LOWs you would send in arduino codeā€¦

Theoretically yes, but it's probably slow and unreliable. If you could
just send the desired bit states from Pd and let the Arduino deal with
timing and ordering, data transmission would have less overhead would
likely be more reliable.

One could still write a little code snippet for the Arduino and an
complementary abstraction based on comport to do something like this.
Right now, I would not know how to make that part of Firmata and
pduino.

Roman