[PD] - need some assistance compiling an external for Windows

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 23:09:09 CEST 2019

okay i've installed msys2 and what should be gcc into mingw64 on a
Windows10 laptop. this is not terribly clear as there are dozens of
packages for gcc the one i installed was mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc 9.1.0-3 which
i hope should be the one i need since it seemed the most generic, also
gcc-libs as well.

doing the exact same actions (cd into active build directory then 'make
all' results in 'bash make: command not found') so either the path has to
be set or i need to navigate to where make is located. again i'm sure this
is easy, but i don't know what to do to get make to run. looking in the
/bin directory of c:\msys64\mingw64\bin i don't see a make binary but i
really have no idea what to do at this point. i've edited the
msys64/etc/fstab
file to include the path to the mingw64 folder but that has no effect on
the bash path issue. further help appreciated!

also - i did find a cross compiler to install on my Mac so depending on how
difficult this is to do in Windows i may just go that route.

best,
scott