[PD] - need some assistance compiling an external for Windows

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:15:49 CEST 2019

okay - good. now what i need to do is set PDLIBDIR variable to point to the
repo on the drive. what's tripping me up is the variance of forward and
back slashes in filepaths in msys/mingw64. for example i put the source
files in my home directory of msys64, so using only Windows filepaths it's
C:\msys64\home\scottlooney\pd-plaits-master.

i have set my active working directory to this directory and i've tried the
following changes to PDLIBDIR adding to 'make all':

make all PDLIBDIR=../pd-plaits-master
make all PDLIBDIR=C:\msys64\home\scottlooney\pd-plaits-master

both of these fail. the latter prints the path as one runon string and
ignores the slashes. the former seemingly indicates the path correctly but
still fails.

any tips on where to copy the folder so that the path is clearly given? i'm
not 100% sure but i'm reasonably certain all my errors so far are path
related.

best,
scott