[PD] [PD-announce] ELSE 1.0 Beta 22 & Live Electronics Tutorial 1.0 Beta 12 is out!

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 20:37:17 CEST 2019

Howdy, the main feature in ELSE is the ability to set exponential curves in
the [envgen~] object. I'm really proud of this as this makes this object
the most versatile and complete envelope generator for Pd by far. There's
basically nothing missing I can think of (except maybe add multiple sustain
points eventually). The [function~] object can also generate exponential
curves, in the same way as [envgen~], and this is cool to draw some crazy
waveforms.

The [dir] object has suffered a major overhaul (with breaking changes) and
includes new features. I'm also pretty proud of this one as it really makes
it easy opening, browsing and managing files in a directory. This has
always given me quite a headache and I think I finally nailed it. The last
highlights is that [sort] can now sort symbols, and there are 3 new objects
to manage lists ([sum], [slice] and [stream]). More details at
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v1.0-beta22 Almost all
binaries are available there and in a few hours this will be available via
deken so you can download directly from Pd.

My tutorial was also updated to reflect some of these updates, more details
at
https://github.com/porres/Live-Electronic-Music-Tutorial/releases/tag/v1.0-beta-12