[PD] best non linear envelope design?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 01:52:23 CEST 2019

Hi, I just implemented curved envelopes into my [else/envgen~] object. The
exponential parameter is plainly getting a vertical distance, normalize it
from 0 to 1 and apply a power raised exponential. For instance, a parameter
of 4 is like using [pow~ 4] with an input from 0 to 1!

I wonder if this is all that there is to generating exponential curves or
if I should also look into other functions.

Moreover, I also have a much simpler object called [else/adsr~] and I'm
thinking of providing a hard coded exponential setting for it. What would
be a good one and only choice for that? I mean a more "classic" and common
design for the attack/decay and release stages.

cheers