[PD] best non linear envelope design?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 09:57:37 CEST 2019

Em sáb, 13 de jul de 2019 às 04:36, matthew brandi <mfbrandi at outlook.com>
escreveu:

> On 13/07/2019 08:11, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
>
> the [adsr~] object, so far, is only linear, but I'm hoping to offer a
> hardcoded exponential setting for it, but not sure yet which one, hence my
> mail to the list
>

> Dear Alexandre
>
> Wouldn’t the “classical” approach be convex attack (0 < pow < 1) and
> concave decay and release (pow > 1)?

if you say so, I'm buying :)

> If so, you would be looking at a set of hardcoded exponents, not a single
> exponent for all segments, right?

yup, I meant a set

> FWIW, if you have the configurable [envgen~], I would make life easy for
> yourself and leave [adsr~] as linear.
>
> Best

I see, but I also think a preconfigured [adsr~] makes things easier if
that's all you want.

I actually know of two other adsr envelopes out there for Pd, both non
linear, they are: bsaylor/aenv~ and creb/eadsr~ - both are hardcoded. I
haven't checked them yet, I hope I can figure it out by looking at the
code, since the documentation doesn't say much.

cheers