[PD] best non linear envelope design?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 06:46:02 CEST 2019

Em dom, 14 de jul de 2019 às 03:57, Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at>
escreveu:

> > cool, but I only see 1 exponential parameter for all lines.
>
> then look closer ;-)

hmm, I was looking at ceadsr~-help.pd, I now see you were talking about the
other one. Anyway, ceadsr~ seems to be quite similar and I got the general
idea. Thanks for the reference, I shall get back to it later.

Em sáb, 13 de jul de 2019 às 21:08, Martin Peach <chakekatzil at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Also mrpeach/rc~ does that.

haven't looked closely, but that seems like my else/slew~ object,
which converges to within 0.01% of the target value in the given time. One
could use [rpole~] instead, and the formula to get the filter coefficient
from the time in seconds is: coef = exp(ln(0.001) / (sec * samplerate))

So I'm using this one pole filter from my slew~ object to offer a hardcoded
exponential option for both else/asr~ and else/adsr~

I'm avoiding the idea to set a parameter to change the one pole coefficient
and also offer that option for envgen~ and stuff to avoid too much
complexity, but I've put a pin on it.

cheers