[PD] slop~ (new object for 0.50) and the "slew" term

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 04:20:25 CEST 2019

Em ter, 23 de jul de 2019 às 20:31, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> escreveu:

> Slop~ _can_ be configured to be a slew limiter, or a linear low-pass
> filter, or
> various other things - the name tries to convey that its identity is
> in the eye o the beholder.  My intention was to design the most flexible
> nonlinear one-pole filter I could.

Great, thanks for the explanations. This is helping me presenting this
object better in my tutorial now :) and it's pretty cool that you can now
perform signal glide (linear and nonlinear) with distinct time ramps
upwards and downwards in Vanilla, plus the non linear envelopes. Perhaps
it's a good addition to its examples. Check the attachment for the kind of
thing I'm already including in my tutorial, maybe a variation of this can
make it there.

And it's awesome that it gets to be quite flexible and low level, which are
two nice characteristics of Vanilla objects in general - and what makes it
powerful with not too many stuff.

But I think your "slew" object probably does need a more exact name :)

yeah, it's been renamed to "lag~", a more ambiguous term.

cheers