[PD] (maybe) issue with abstraction's args

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 22:26:33 CEST 2019

Hi,

I'm not sure this is a misbehavior, but there's something I don't quite
understand.

I have an abstraction that uses a send that looks like [s $1_abstr].
This abstraction is then part of a MAIN patch that has let's say [r
0_abstr].

If in the MAIN patch I create [MY_ABSTR 0], everything works, instead if
I don't pass any argument to the abstraction (that would then look like
[MY_ABSTR]), my send and return don't talk to each other anymore.

But still, if I print [$1] in my abstraction (to which I didn't pass any
argument), this would be 0.

Thus, my question is, if $1 is 0, why [s $1_abstr] and [r 0_abstr]
aren't linked?

Cheers,

Mario

--
Electronic Musician, Creative Coder, QA Engineer
https://vimeo.com/creativecodingsalerno