[PD] hotfix for keyboard problems on portuguese/spanish/french/... keyboards (was Re: [PD-announce] 0.50-0 released)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 3 10:55:52 CEST 2019

On 20.08.19 09:40, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Em ter, 20 de ago de 2019 às 01:01, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> escreveu:
>
>> To Pd-announce:
>>
>> Pd version 0.50-0 is available on http://msp.ucsd.edu/software.htm
>> or (source only) via github: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data.
>>
>> Several problems with zooming from 0.50test1 are fixed.  There are numerous
>> reported bugs still, but no show-stoppers,
>

> Hi, this one seems serious to me
> https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/732

to be honest: after the overwhelming feedback to my call for tests for
fixing this problem (thanks btw to lucarda and henri), it seems that
this is not a problem *at all*.

nevertheless, i've made a hotfix for Pd-0.50-0 available that can be
installed via deken.

just search for "hotfix732" or "deadkeys" in the "Find externals" menu,
and install the "hotfix732-deadkeys-plugin".
After restarting Pd the problems outght to be gone.

if you don't have any problems with dead-keys, there's no use installing
this hotfix.
(esp. there's no use installing this hotfix on anything but Pd-0.50-0 on
Windows. because the hotfix is of no use for other OSs, it will only
show up on Windows)

gfmasdr
IOhannes