[PD] Key onsets are suppressed while Alt_L is pressed

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 17:54:03 CEST 2019

Hi all

I noticed that [keyname] doesn't output key onsets while Alt_L key is
pressed. The pressing and releasing of Alt_L is reported correctly,
though. This is with Pd 0.50.0 on Linux (Ubuntu 18.04).

I'm interested in implementing some key commands and intended to use
Shift_L, Control_L, Alt_L as modifier keys. Would that work on other
OSs? Is that something that is coming from Tk and cannot be fixed in
Pd?

On a related note: If I have many instances of the patch listening to
key commands open, I wouldn't want all of them to perform the key
commands. Is there a way to detect which canvas is the active window?

Roman