[PD] GOP drawing bug with scalars and z-order - test in [jmmmp/multiarray]

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 11:26:32 CEST 2019

Hello list,

I just uploaded a new version of the jmmmp library, with improvements to
the [multiarray] object (also at http://bit.ly/jmmmp_056, and soon on
deken).

In the help file of [multiarray] I described a problem with the drawing of
scalars inside a GOP. Basically, z-order is lost (or changed) when the
canvas is redrawn, being it by moving the object, opening the subpatch
where it is stored, or minimizing/maximizing the window.
You can see all the details in [jmmmp/multtiarray]'s help patch, subpatch
[pd SAVE+LOAD]. Does anyone has an explanation for this behavior? Afaik,
GOP redrawing works well with other types of objects, but not with scalars.

Best,

Joao