[PD] installing pd via apt-get

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Sat Sep 21 09:14:49 CEST 2019

did you set up your package manager to also install all suggested packages?

$ apt-cache depends puredata
puredata
   Depends: puredata-core
   Depends: puredata-core
   Depends: puredata-dev
   Depends: puredata-dev
   Depends: puredata-doc
   Depends: puredata-doc
   Depends: puredata-extra
   Depends: puredata-extra
   Depends: puredata-gui
   Depends: puredata-gui
   Depends: puredata-utils
   Recommends: gem
   Suggests: pd-aubio
   Suggests: pd-csound
   Suggests: pd-pdp
   Suggests: pd-zexy
   Suggests: multimedia-puredata

you can also just install puredata-core, which doesn't even depend on
puredata-gui, only recommends it.

$ apt-cache depends puredata-core
puredata-core
   Depends: libasound2