[PD] installing pd via apt-get

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 21:54:34 CEST 2019

On Sun, 2019-09-22 at 08:50 +0200, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> Am 21. September 2019 21:33:23 MESZ schrieb oscar santis <
> oscarsantisg at gmail.com>:
> > Hi
> > If you want PD 0.50 on Ubuntu Studio or Debian it's better to build
> > it
> > from
> > source
>
> why? Pd-0.50 has been uploaded to Debian about 2 days after miller
> announced it.

That's good to know, but does it help people running Ubuntu or Debian
non-unstable?

For Ubuntu people one could host their own PPA (personal package
archive) that would provide DEB packages for all supported Ubuntu
versions. Just someone would have to do the work of maintaining that,
while all other Ubuntu users could profit from it.

For Debian, I'm not sure what the proper way to "side-load" packages
is.

Roman