[PD] installing pd via apt-get

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:20:37 CEST 2019

On Sun, 2019-09-22 at 21:58 +0200, oliver wrote:
> IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> > Am 21. September 2019 21:33:23 MESZ schrieb oscar santis <
> > oscarsantisg at gmail.com>:
> > > Hi
> > > If you want PD 0.50 on Ubuntu Studio or Debian it's better to
> > > build it
> > > from
> > > source
> >
> > why? Pd-0.50 has been uploaded to Debian about 2 days after miller
> > announced it.
> >

> i have "buster main contrib non-free" in my apt ressources, but
> still
> only PD 0.49 is found with this way.
>
> do i have to add something else to my ressources list ?

What IOhannes meant was that he uploaded updated Debian packages
sources that contain Pd 0.50. However, the process of packages
propagating through all distributions (unstable, testing, stable) is
slow and new versions will only appear in the next stable releases.
This means Debian Buster will stick to Pd 0.49 until its EOL. If you
ran Debian unstable (as opposed to Buster), you would be able to enjoy
Pd 0.50 pretty soon (or now, I'm not exactly sure).

Roman