[PD] installing pd via apt-get

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:35:38 CEST 2019

thanks everyone for all the hints

Em dom, 22 de set de 2019 às 04:10, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> Am 21. September 2019 08:45:38 MESZ schrieb Alexandre Torres Porres <
> porres at gmail.com>:
> >
> >And while we're at it, I see that puredata-core has cyclone, but an old
> >version, how can  Iinclude the latest cyclone?
>
> Debian (and derivatives) ship "cyclone" for more than a decade.
> because your fork of cyclone
> - breaks functionality (starting with missing "cyclist")
> - and the takeover was not very well coordinated
> ... i have not switched (yet) the Debian packages to your upstream.
>
> i think the biggest issue for me is (still) the uncoordinated takeover.
> if that is resolved, thr Debian packages might (and i don't see why not)
> switch

great, we can open a new thread to discuss this, but I'm terribly busy now,
off to a conference, then for the US where I'll end up in Pd Weekend, then
Mexico, then in a month from now I can get back to this :)

> >include as well my other library (else)? But how?
>
> *you* will need to find a Debian maintainer to include *anything* in
> Debian.
>
> luckily, i have filed an itp (intention to package) "else" for Debian a
> while ago.
>
> i just haven't found the time yet.

awesome, thanks, but no worries, I was just wondering how things work. I
still consider this project to be in an early stage and maybe when I feel
it's time for a stable release, we can do this.

thanks again
and cheers