[PD] Current status of HID on OS X and Windows?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Oct 5 20:22:19 CEST 2019

On 10/4/19 6:45 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Having tried to find the hid external library via "Find externals..." on
> OS X without a result. How would I use the library on OS X? Pull it out
> of Pd-extended?

all those "v0.0.extended" libraries you see have been pulled from the
last release of Pd-extended.
so that has already been taken care of

> Would that work with Pd-0.50.0 64bit?

which one?

> Linux lists
> hid-v0.0.extended-(Linux-i386-32)(Linux-amd64-64)-externals.tar.gz
> 	Uploaded by chr15m @ 2015-08-07 14:06:11

*this* one will work on Linux/amd64, so yes: it is supposed to "work
with Pd-0.50.0 64bit" (on Linx obviously).

the macOS list is:
> hid-v0-0extended-(Darwin-i386-32)(Darwin-PowerPC-32)-externals.tar.gz
>     Uploaded by zmoelnig @ 2015-12-10 14:20:38

this will work on macOS/i686 and macOS/PPC, both of which were 32bit
architectures. so no dice for "Pd-0.50.0 64bit"

> and I wonder if that is the latest version?

given that nobody has worked on [hid] for...ages, i'm pretty sure that
this is the latest version.

> Would it furthermore make sense to compile it from SVN for Linux?

to achieve what?

if you are only interested in Linux, then you can do "apt install pd-hid".
if you meant "Darwin" instead of Linux, then yes, it's worth a try.
it's also quite possible that you can no longer compile it on modern macOS.

gmfsad
IOhannes