[PD] declare not posting library loading message while object creation does?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Mon Oct 7 16:40:16 CEST 2019

If you really want to prepare against multi-object-per-binary VS single-object-per-binary problems, you should do: [declare -path foo -lib foo]. This ensures that object "bar" in library "foo" can be created in both cases, as long as it's typed as [bar]. [foo/bar] doesn't (usually) work for multi-object-per-binary libs, but here's a PR which would solve that: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/630

Maybe [declare -lib foo] could also add "foo" to the search paths. Then we would have a unified syntax for "loading" libraries and people wouldn't have to care about implementation details. Just thinking out loudly.

Christof