[PD] macOS 10.15 Catalina

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 11:25:38 CEST 2019

Howdy all,

For those of you using macOS, the newest version is now out: 10.15 "Catalina."

Something to be aware of: 10.15 is 64-bit only, 32 bit applications will *no longer run.* If you rely on 32-bit externals or still use Pd-extended, these will no longer run. Basically, anything that launched with a warning about "This application is not optimized..." etc on 10.14 most likely will not run on 10.15.

Pd 64-bit builds should be fine and externals that are compiled for 64 bit and/or as "fat libs" which included 64-bit should be fine. Recent versions of Pd should have a 64-bit GUI.

Also, macOS now has a "Notarization" requirement. I'm not sure exactly how that works yet, but there may be some sort of pop-up warning about this. We have until January to figure it out.

Anyone who has the new OS, please test Pd 0.50 and let us know if all is well.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>