[PD] pd/extra objects don't create in help-intro.pd without adding path

Joey Dodson joey.dodson3 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 19:01:18 CEST 2019

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with Pd 0.50-1 compiled from source (thanks to
Miller who helped me figure that out!). When I open help-intro.pd, I get
the following errors:

 sigmund~
... couldn't create
 bonk~
... couldn't create
 choice
... couldn't create
 hilbert~
... couldn't create
 complex-mod~
... couldn't create
 loop~
... couldn't create
 lrshift~
... couldn't create
 pd~
... couldn't create
 rev1~
... couldn't create
 rev2~
... couldn't create
 rev3~
... couldn't create
 stdout
... couldn't create
 bob~
... couldn't create

These are all of the objects listed under the heading "-------- "EXTRA"
(patches and externs in pd/extra) ---------"

I have Pd installed to "~/Documents/Pd/pd-0.50-1" and the objects above
won't create unless I add "~/Documents/Pd/pd-0.50-1/extra" to the paths, in
which case they work fine.