[PD] [PD-announce] r_cycle | creative coding with Pure Data and Launchpad

pat pagano shreeswifty at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 00:05:35 CET 2019

Mario do you have patches you can share that interface with the LaunchPad?

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 4:55 PM Mario Buoninfante <
mario.buoninfante at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> October 29th I'm giving a talk about r_cycle, an open source
> library/middleware for creative coding with Launchpad, at the Novation
> pop-up shop in Shoreditch, London.
>
> About the library/middleware:
> r_cycle allows to fully control Launchpad from Pd (bi-directional
> communication), giving the user the possibility to interact with the
> device, to create custom UIs in real-time, on-the-fly, simply creating
> specific objects (part of the library) in Pd.
> It has different 'widgets' and audio/MIDI/utilities objects, all written
> in Pd Vanilla, thus doesn't use any external.
> For example creating the [KEYBOARD] object in your patch, would generate a
> 'chromatic keyboard' on the LP (1 octave/12 notes keyboard represented on
> the pads).
> This would be interactive (ie you press a pad part of the keyboard UI on
> the Launchpad and the object in the patch returns one or more values) and
> can be deleted simply deleting the [KEYBOARD] object in Pd.
> It is possible to use multiple widgets at the same time (you can fill the
> Launchpad layout), and also to call multiple scenes.
>
> If you're in London on Tue and you wanna know more, here's more details
> about the event:
>
> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/novation-london-learn-hackspace-r-cycle-creative-coding-w-pure-data-registration-74965715473?fbclid=IwAR03--U2-v80-XZkvEQGBLgRwe_0d7D1z4TGdR8lIIBmnOXAoP8GgC8jG1Q
>
> Cheers,
> Mario

*Patrick Pagano  B.S, M.F.A*
*Assistant Professor, *Interactive Media & Education
Audio Projection & Performance Design
Howard Community College
*Columbia, Maryland USA*
*http://shreeswifty.github.io <http://shreeswifty.github.io>*