[PD] [array quantile] explanation

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 28 21:50:55 CET 2019

Yes but not with perfect accuracy.  You have to make a histogram of the
samples (choosing some bin size; that's what limits accuracy) and then
array qualtile will do exactly what you're looking for.

I use it for instance to do automatic level setting.  I ask for the 90%
quamtile of env~ output (in dB) over a period of 10 seconds or so.

cheers
Miller