[PD] multiprocessing for GEM

Chris Clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 19:26:50 CET 2019

I wrote pix_share_read/write exactly for this purpose.  It only moves pixes
between processes but that is the heavy CPU load most of the time.
Multiple GEM instances can read from the same write (or at least did when I
used it), so one GEM could capture from a video source, another compress
the image to disk and a third instance display it on screen.