[PD] best way to use a variable number of polyphonic voices?

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Mon Nov 11 22:57:30 CET 2019

Do you mean set voice count dynamically  during playing or at setup ?

for first approach I would do a clone with maximum and switch~ (and message
spigot) in each voice and a counter with modulo for voice number prepend.

for second I would dynamically generate a poly and a clone object in a
subpatch on setup voices.

mfg
 winfried

Am Montag, 11. November 2019, 17:23:11 CET schrieb Matt Davey:
> If i wanna set up round robin polyphony with a variable number of available
> voices, is the best way just to have a bunch of different [poly] objects
> and subpatches and just choose between them?  or is there something more
> elegant?

- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171