[PD] [GEM] gem 0.94 / pix_record / mp4 / x264 H264 codec not working

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 17 18:27:06 CET 2019

On 11/17/19 4:34 PM, Jaime Oliver wrote:
> I'll report. Can you point me to the current bug-tracker?
>
> I tried the symbolic codec-name and it works as earlier still getting the
> messages:
>
> [x264] Warning: Unrecognized parameter x264_i_weighted_pred
> [x264] Warning: Unrecognized parameter x264_b_fast_pskip
> [x264] Warning: Unrecognized parameter x264_b_dct_decimate
>
> I wonder if there are any handles for the codec I can tweak?

you'll get a list of all available/tweakavle properties on the last
outlet right after selecting the codec.
these properties are the ones reported by the backend (libquicktime in
this case). Gem cannot do much if the backend reports properties as
being available but then refuses to use them ... :-(

in this case, Gem doesn't set anything. it seems that libquicktime has
problems communicating with one if *its* backends.

gadsmr
IOhannes