[PD] Pd 0.50 and gem windows 32b error with libwinpthread-1.dll

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 19 11:40:43 CET 2019

On 25.08.19 22:09, João Pais wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> while trying out pd 0.5, I can start gem. When initializing gem, the
> error appears: pthread_cond_timedwait_relative_np not found in
> libwinpthread-1.dll [translated from German]. replacing the dll with the
> one included in gem doesn't solve the problem.
>
> Or could that be provoked by any other program installed in the system?
> Current system is windows 10+7 64b, running Pd 32b.

to be honest i haven't really found a way to fix this :-(
(short of switching to 64bit for both Pd and Gem)

there's some compatibility problem between the Pd-32bit build and the
Gem-32bit build for Windows.

IIRC:

both ship a "libwinpthread-1.dll", but unfortunately they are incompatible.

you might try to replace the "libwinpthread-1.dll" that comes with Pd
(in the PD/bin/ folder) with the one that comes with Gem (in the Gem/
folder).
keep the original version around, in case things go havoc.

gmasdr
IOhannes

PS: sorry for the answer time. i was occupied by other things...