[PD] checking [readsf~]'s current position in wav-file

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 08:39:23 CET 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-19 at 18:21 -0500, Federico Camara Halac wrote:
> Hi Jakob,
>
> > In a former version of my patch, I did this successfully when I was
> > using [tabread4~] as my file-playing-object, but I needed to switch
> > to [readsf~] in order to implement dynamic loading of wav-files.
> >

> I would recommend you reconsider using [tabread4~] (or even tabplay~,
> see below) as your tool to read a soundfile.

I think the reason for switching from [tabplay~] to [readsf~] was
memory constraints of the target device. See [1]

[1]: https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2019-11/126244.html

(which reminds me of the Pd list netiquette: Doesn't it specifically
say that HTML formatting is discouraged? Personally, I'd appreciate it
very much if mails were written in plain text.)

Roman