[PD] Pure data 32 et 64 bits installation in the same machine question

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Nov 22 16:49:39 CET 2019

Am 22. November 2019 10:21:05 MEZ schrieb javier contreras <javier.contreras.barria at gmail.com>:
>When I set preferences for installing 64 bit libraries in (deken) pd 64
>then the preferences of pd 32 bits change in the same way… so I think
>that
>preference are stored in the same folder for two different
>installation… is
>that right ?

yes.
this used to be ok for different releases, but is somewhat a problem with 32bit vs 64bit.

>How can I say to puredata 64 bits to get different preferences that
>puredata 32 bits ?

the only option so far is to use some (batch) script to start one of the two instamces with "-noprefs -preferences /path/to/pdsettings" (im on a mobile phone right now and cannot check the exact flagnames so consult "-help")

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes