[PD] opening patch from pd message

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Nov 26 15:31:36 CET 2019

helo,

I don't understand why most people use send and receive object all the time exept when sending message to pd.

I think > [;
pd open $1.pd /path-topatch;(
  is very confusing.

having :
[open $1.pd /path-topatch;(

[send pd]
is lot's more logic.

moreover, you can add a print and see what you are doing.
In this situation, you would notice that $1 is not convertet to cat.
(an error in pd log would also help to find the problem).

anyway, replace [cat< by [symbol cat< and it will work.

best
Cyrille