[PD] configurable short-cut: WAS Re: find last error brings up subpatch or abstraction, but how to find parent?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Wed Nov 27 14:03:35 CET 2019

> power users would profit while a larger group of people would get
> confused more easily and find it harder to get help.

Most non-trivial applications have configurable shortcuts and it doesn't seem to cause much troubles. Can you imagine a text editor, DAW or video editing software without configurable shortcuts? Regular users simply stick with the default shortcuts anyway.

I think Cyrille didn't really argue against user configurable shortcuts:

> > having user-configurable shortcut can be nice, but having default
> > shortcut that works for 90% of users seem more important.

I think the takeaway is: have good default shortcuts + make them configurable

Christof