[PD] Knowing if Pd is in Edit mode when instantiating an object (was Query if Pd is in Edit mode for a GUI)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 20:53:46 CET 2019

> Em ter, 26 de fev de 2019 às 04:28, Liam Goodacre <liamg_uw at hotmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> My guess is that the message stream that [receivecanvas] taps into would
>> let you listen to the edit-mode state changes, but not query its state.

Hi, earlier this year I was asking about querying edit status and Liam told
me about [receivecanvas], the problem is that it only tells you about when
the status changes. Now, if I create an object when I'm in edit mode, it
won't know, and when I open a patch not in edit mode, it won't know either.

So how can I know about it?

thanks