[PD] data structures for display only, not interaction

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 06:57:35 CET 2019

so, I have a data structure based GUI object, and say I just want it to
display things and not really interact with it by clicking the data
structures around, is it possible? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I
just want to be sure.

So, say I have some shapes (for instance, a polygon) that can be controlled
by messages and change something like its size. Now, because of that, if I
go over the graph on parent and click on the corner of the polygon, I can
drag and change the shape. Now, what if I want to prevent that from
happening? Hints for tricks and hacks?

What I'm doing so far is I'm getting the values of these parameters with
[get] and reset the value if they change with [set]. it seems to be doing
the trick, but maybe there are other ways of doing this?

And maybe, just maybe, perhaps we could include an option, a flag, that an
object is only for display? hmm? what you think?

cheers