[PD] "hidden" console window

Simon Iten itensimon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 08:24:09 CET 2019

whenever i open PD i get a small vertical line in the top right corner of my screen which (once i maximize it by dragging with the mouse) turns out to be the PD console window. is that behaviour intentional?

i find it quite akward, since all my other windows snap to that “line” and it looks ugly as well. i would rather have the console window open at a more visible size, that clearly identifies as a window. what does that console window do exactly? is it needed because PD is written in tcl/tk ?