[PD] Error running timbreID external on MacOS 10.14.6

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 3 05:43:05 CET 2019

Am 3. Dezember 2019 03:02:15 MEZ schrieb Justin Martin <jlmartin432 at gmail.com>:
>When I try to create a timbre object (in this case [mean]) I get the
>following error:
>
>no matching architecture in universal wrapper
>/Applications/Pd-0.50-0.app/Contents/Resources/extra/tID/mean.pd_darwin:
>no
>matching architecture in universal wrapper
>
>Does anyone know what the problem is?

most likely the problem is, what the error-message says: you have a "universal" binary that does not contain binary code for *your* architecture.
eg the binary contains powerpc and i386 (aka "intel/32bit") code, but you are running an " Intel/64bit" Pd.
you must find a timbreID version compiled for your architecture.
deken (the package manager that cones with Pd) will highlight conpatible packages (and by default it wont show incompatible ones)°.

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes

°but it can be fooled...