[PD] pd for oscilloscopes again

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 3 18:05:45 CET 2019

Am 3. Dezember 2019 16:50:08 MEZ schrieb henry birdseye <henry.birdseye at gmail.com>:
>pd-0.50-2, and some things won't work.
>
>GEM is one of them. I'd like see my results better. I cannot make a
>gemwin to save my life.

you should start by installing Gem.
then you have to load it, before you can use it.
this might seem obvious advice, but so far the only thing you told us is thay "it doesn't work". it's much easier to help if you tell us what you did and what happened as a result.

>One of the .pd's I'd like to use makes use of the triangle~ object, but
>
>I get a "can't create" message in the console.

there's no such object in Pd.

> Is there a library of
>objects I can use instead?

probably. have you tried searching for "triangle" in deken?

>I made a very simple .pd, and no sound comes out.
>
>What am I missing?

you probably should start reading the documentation :-)

only [objects]   (rectangles) can actually be made to emit signals (eg sound). if the thingy has a wedge on the righthand side (eg "[bang("), it's a messagebox and will never make any noises.
most objects that dont end with " ~" wont do audio either. and most of them will only send messages when triggered. eg [123] will never send its number unless you send a [bang( to it, so your osc~ might happily humm at 0Hz...

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes