[PD] [PD-announce] Else 1.0 beta 26 and live electronics tutorial update

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 04:28:53 CET 2019

ELSE 1.0 beta 26 is out! Highlight is a massive update to the [slider2d]
abstraction, which now relies on updates I made to the [canvas.mouse]
object and a new [savechange] object. Sadly, compatibility has been broken
here. There's also a new variant object, a two dimensional circular slider
called [circle] - for more details, check:
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v1.0-beta26 (some binaries
are already available via Pd).

Now for a heads up, Pd 0.51 is coming out and the next update to the ELSE
library is gonna break compatibility of dozens objects! This is because
[inlet~] will now allow us to send messages in the main left inlet. This
also will fix some issues in objects like [else/bl.square~]. Anyway,
hopefully this upcoming massive overhaul will also get me very close to a
new "release candidate" phase.

My tutorial has also been updated to be compatible to ELSE beta 26, see:
https://github.com/porres/Live-Electronic-Music-Tutorial/releases/tag/v1.0-beta-16
Examples affected by the new [circle] object are:
https://github.com/porres/Live-Electronic-Music-Tutorial/blob/master/Examples/Vol.2/Part.07-FFT.%26.Complex.Signals/27-FFT-IFFT/1.Introduction/1.Pure.Tone-Decomposition.pd
and
https://github.com/porres/Live-Electronic-Music-Tutorial/blob/master/Examples/Vol.2/Part.07-FFT.%26.Complex.Signals/28-Complex.Signals/1.Complex.Sine/1.Complex.Sinusoid-1.pd