[PD] [PD-announce] vstplugin~ v0.3.0 released!
christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sun Jan 5 23:55:24 CET 2020
I'm happy to announce the release of vstplugin~ v0.3.0.
[vstplugin~] allows to load VST2 and VST3 plugins on Windows, macOS and Linux.
Binaries are available on Deken or here: https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/releases
Please report any issues at https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/issues or https://github.com/Spacechild1/vstplugin/issues
BTW, I've made a small tutorial video :-): https://vimeo.com/382944239
*** Change Log ***
* better error messages when plugins fail to load (e.g. wrong CPU architecture)
* automatically scan VST3 presets
* new simplified preset management system, using named presets which are saved to standard locations (the old methods remain for power users).
* new vstpresetbrowser.pd abstraction
* improved vstpluginbrowser.pd: better GUI + plugins can be filtered by keyword, type, category and vendor
* [open( can be called asynchronously and responds with [open <success>(
* preset methods can be called asynchronously and respond with messages, e.g. [preset_load <success>(
* [reset( can be executed asynchronously and responds with [reset(.
* [search_stop( method to cancel an asynchronous plugin search.
* [param_list(, [program_list( and [preset_list( accept an optional plugin key argument
* [info( also outputs the VST SDK version.
* experimental support for PDINSTANCE (untested)
* fixed serveral bugs in the VST3 implementation
* fix crash when calling [midi_*( methods without plugin
* don't lock Pd when receiving events from the GUI thread if DSP is running, instead set an atomic flag and set a clock in the perform routine. This avoids dead-locks in certain plugins and also improves realtime-safety.
Pd-announce mailing list
Pd-announce at lists.iem.at
More information about the Pd-list