[PD] Is Pd somehow more efficient than Max/MSP?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 21:52:38 CET 2020

Em ter., 14 de jan. de 2020 às 14:50, Giovanni <gionogio at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hi all,
> I am new to this mailing list, so pleased to meet you!
>
> I have been thinking about this question since a while: is it possible to
> say that Pd is more efficient than Max?
> In one hand is pretty obvious that Max requires more space for
> documentation and all the externals and whathever,

Max doesn't come with externals, unless you mean Gen~ / Jitter / etc, as
far as documentation goes, it shouldn't take much space. But yeah,
comparing the size of Max and Pd is ridiculous. And in this sense, I
consider Pd to be much lighter. Pd runs in quite old computers and on
things like raspberry pi, I don't believe Max could run on a raspberry if
it could be installed in Linux, for instance.