[PD] [PD-announce] vstplugin~ v0.3.1 - critical bug fix release
christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sat Jan 18 23:42:46 CET 2020
I've just released vstplugin~ v0.3.1 which contains critical bug fixes.
NOTE: If you’ve already been using vstplugin~, please upgrade and read the changelog below!
Binaries are available on Deken or here: https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/releases
Please report any bugs at https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/issues.
### bug fixes
* fixed wrong VST3 plugin ID. The main issue was that VST3 preset files couldn’t be opened in other VST hosts and vice versa.
NOTE: You can still open old “wrong” preset files, but this might go away in future versions, so you’re advised to open and save your old VST3 presets to “convert” them to the new correct format.
But first you need to clear the plugin cache (VSTPlugin.clear) and do a new search to update the plugin IDs. Sorry for the inconvenience!
* fixed possible crash when opening plugins asynchronously (because of a race condition)
* fixed possible crash when quitting the Server (especially on macOS)
* fixed crash with certain VST3 plugins when saving presets
* disable window resizing if the GUI editor has a fixed size
resizable VST3 GUI editors are now supported
Pd-announce mailing list
Pd-announce at lists.iem.at
More information about the Pd-list