[PD] Audio delay by samples (for comb filter)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 27 14:01:30 CET 2020

On 27.01.20 11:29, info at hansroels.be wrote:

> I also needed a delay in samples and so I made an abstraction in Pd
> vanilla, delaying a signal with x number of  samples; for example a one
> sample delay is [delaysam 1]
> I think this is the correct way of doing this without needing externals...

kind of.

- using [$1] can give you all kinds of nasty surprises, as you can e.g.
use [delaysam samplerate~]. i'd rather go for [float $1] instead.
- debugging printout (and a fan-out!) should be removed
- why do you use [vd~]? do you need fractional sample-delay (the answer
might well be "yes")? if not, than [vd~] is just taking more CPU-power...
- why do you ramp to the target-delay with [line~]? since you cannot
change the delay after the instantiation, i would rather have it jump to
the target delay immediately.

gfasdrm,
IOhannes