[PD] compiling hidio for Windows

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 02:50:28 CET 2020

Line 76 of the log:
gcc  -DPD -g -O2 -I/z/Desktop/pure-data/src   -mms-bitfields
 -L/z/Desktop/pure-data/src -L/z/Desktop/pure-data/bin
-L/z/Desktop/pure-data/obj   -s -shared -o hidio.dll hidio.o hidio_types.o
  hidio_windows.o  -L/src -L/bin -L/obj -lpd
hidio.o: In function `hidio_tick':
Z:\Desktop\hidio/hidio.c:513: undefined reference to `hidio_get_events'

hidio_tick is in hidio.o, which has compiled successfully.
hidio_get_events is in hidio_windows.o, which also exists; but the linker
is linking three .o files, and hidio_windows.o is the last one.
Perhaps switching hidio.o and hidio_windows.o in that gcc command will let
the linker find the symbols before they are needed.

Martin