[PD] get average luminance of the camera

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 14:17:44 CET 2020

hi

Is it possible to get the average luminance of the camera input using GEM?

I am exploring pix_data but as far as I can see it only works with
individual pixels. If I could average or reduce the color information
from the camera to a single color, then I think I could just take the
pix_data grey value of any pixel. But I am not sure this can be done. I
am checking different pix_ objects but I dont see how I could get this
to work. Any tips?

thanks

enrike