[PD] compiling hidio for Windows

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Feb 5 01:00:14 CET 2020

Hi,

I usually run Pd in a debugger like this:

gdb --args pd <flags/args>

 > run

Wait for the segfault. The following will print a stack trace, showing
you the function where the segfault occurs:

 > bt

(you might need to hit enter to show additional lines of the stacktrace)

 From there you can either set breakpoints
(https://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/gdb/html_node/gdb_28.html) or use
good ol' printf debugging :-) IDEs like Qt Creator have an integrated
graphical frontend for GDB, which makes debugging a more pleasant
experience.

If you have time, please start investigating! I can have a look (and fix
the build system) later this month.

Christof