[PD] svn or git on github or sourceforge?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri Feb 7 11:51:35 CET 2020

I'm not 100% sure about the actual state of the Pd Sourceforge repo but
I'd dare say that almost all active Pd development by the *community*
(i.e. issues and pull requests) happens on GitHub. The GitHub repo
started as a mirror of the Sourceforge repo, but practically it might
have turned into the opposite :-)

Regarding externals, there's no canonical location. For example, the IEM
externals are actually hosted on git.iem.at, but there's a GitHub
mirror: https://github.com/iem-projects.

There's been the idea for a central place for Pd externals
(https://github.com/pd-externals/) but it didn't really take off (only 9
sub repos).

IIRC, IOhannes also put all externals from Pd extended on GitHub, but I
forgot the name and can't find it... (@IOhannes where is it again?)

BTW, I had a look at the activity on the Pd Sourceforge repo and at
least two people still seem to use it for their externals...

Christof