[PD] Sample loop - start and end point (WAV files)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Tue Feb 11 18:33:28 CET 2020

Hi everybody,

I know it had been a problem in the past to read out the loop information of
wav samples.
I have not followed any further development since years.

Is there anything (like an external) that can read the loop points of .wav
samples by now?

If not has anybody been successful reading the header information with
something like [mrpeach/binfile]?

I know that loop points can be stored somwhere or somehow in the header.
Unfortunately I cannot see from the Microsoft WAVE soundfile format where
the loop points would be or find any information on it.

http://soundfile.sapp.org/doc/WaveFormat/

Any ideas?
Am I looking at the wrong file header type?

Up until now I had been creating loops by copying the loop start and end
point manually from the readings of SoundForge.
However, I'm going to need a method soon that can read the loop points
directly from the samples.

Thanks!
Ingo