[PD] Sample loop - start and end point (WAV files)

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Feb 12 01:21:20 CET 2020

> so you "just" need to implement mp3, ogg, wmv, flac,... from scratch.

It would be nice if Pd had an API to add codecs to [soundfiler],
[readsf~] and [writesf~] as plugins. I think you did something like this
for GEM (for video playback), right?

> to be honest: while i understand that mp3 is super-nice to have in your
> DJ setup, it really isn't a production format.
MP3 is often "good enough", especially for experiments. When people want
to try some analysis or processing on a bunch of tracks in their music
library, they have to first convert their MP3s to WAVs, which is akward
and takes up lots of disk space.

To be clear: I agree that Pd probably shouldn't support MP3 or other
compressed audio formats by itself, it should just make it easy to add
such support as plugins.

Christof