[PD] Sample loop - start and end point (WAV files)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 08:48:14 CET 2020

On Tue, 2020-02-11 at 21:22 -0800, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Well, I was really really hoping to see information here on how to
> get loop points from these files ;)

I looked around for specifications of the .wav-format and I wasn't able
to find one that looks canonical. The ones I found didn't mention any
loop start- and endpoints. I wonder whether there is a convention about
how to encode this into some sort of metadata stored with file. Some
description of the format describe the ability to store anything as
metdata. Personally, I never dealt with such files (at least not
knowingly). Maybe a good start would be to provide such a file, so that
people can a have a look at it. It might be not that difficult to
retrieve such data with something like mrpeach's [binfile], once you
know how it is stored.

Roman